Thursday 6 August 2015

Kerala - Simply heaven (Part - I)

If you are looking for a peace of mind,
if you are looking for a place to chill and have fun,
if you are planning to visit Spain in a low budget,
Kerala is the place for you
                                                                                        Kerala

and yes, today I am going to share my experiences with you because for me, you are an integral part of my life and it's my duty to share everything with you.
I visited Kerala when I was in sixth standard which was about 9 years ago. I was like other kids who crave for fun.
It was the month of May and one day, my father told me and my mom that we should go to Kerala.
I got shocked at the first point because I was thinking what had happened to him that he suddenly told us for the same.
Did somebody whisper about it in his ear???
My guess was right. One of his friends visited Kerala and he told him about the same.
My father managed to give us a surprise as he had already booked air tickets to Kerala. It was the first time i was traveling by air. Everything was rosy for me.
The day finally came and we caught the flight. An hour before landing on the airport, I noticed that we were flying above the sea. I saw sea for the first time which rose the par of my excitement.
We landed at Trivandrum Airport in the evening.
Trivendrum Airport

Kovalam


We took a cab and started looking for a hotel. Our cab driver advised us to go to Kovalam. It took an hour to reach Kovalam and we landed up in The Leela Resort which had a separate beach. I must say it is a beautiful resort and a must visit. I was eager to go to the sea and play but my mom restricted me as it was dark already. You know how moms are.
We had a delicious meal at The Leela and went to our room to relieve our eyes.
Next day, I got up early, ran towards the beach and see....what I saw?

                                                                                            Kovalam Beach

There was a beautiful beach in front of me. The sound of the waves was filling my heart with excitement. Now, the hunger for fun was into my nerves. I ran towards the sea and danced a lot in the waves as we all know.... what does a blind man wants???.....eyes ....and I was no less that a blind man who could see nothing but the sea.
After so much fun, our stomachs finally demanded for food and we went to have some tasty South Indian food and yes, we had a very tasty meal.....can you guess what was the price of a Masala Dosa there????
just 12 bucks...A family of three can fill their stomachs in just 50 bucks which is very inexpensive yet damn delicious.
It was the time to visit Padmanabhaswamy Temple. We reached there and wore those lungis as you can't enter South Indian temples without them. The temple was very beautiful and the enchants of bhajans were purifying our soul. Though we couldn't understand as they were in Malayalam language but they were  sounding very pleasant.I must say the carvings in the temple are very beautiful.
This is the same temple which was in news a couple of years ago when gold and other valuables worth thousands of crores were found in its hidden chambers.

                                                                                           Padmanabhaswamy Temple

 and it was the time to say bye bye to Trivendrum and leave for Kumarakom


I am not going to tell all about Kerela here only....you would have to wait till I publish my next blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment